Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ooh soo tired...

Finally in Miami on way to peru after three days of flynig and airports and no sleep and no food...oh my gosh have never felt so tired before. I arrived last night after the the three plane flights and many hours of waiting at various airports. As soon as i got here i had a wierd feeling that i just wanted to go straight home and not do this. My 10kg bag of donation clothing was broken open when i picked ity up Miami. So when i finally get to the hostel and check-in, turns out that the actaul hostel is like several blocks away. So i've got my 15kg bag pack wobbling like crazy, my broken 10kg bag, and my backpack, plus a pile of sheets and towels and they're like, yeh just walk out there for a bit and you'll find it. So i'm walking with all this stuff through the back alleys of Miami beach and it is 12:30 at night and there are drunk people on the streets laughing and singing at me and eveything is dropping, and i'm totally lost and quite scared, and my whole body is shake with tired and hunger, as i had not slept in over 48 hour, and had not eaten anything through no fault of my own. So i'm about to collapse when i get the map out and figure out and then drag myself up twofiglths of stairs and open the room and discover there is no light and only one bed (top bunk) left over. So i scramble round in the dark and finally get to bed, but can't sleep because i swear there crawling things in the bed shudder...

But Miami is not exactly what i thought it would be. It reminds al ittle of Thail;and in a stange way. The art deco buidlings are quite cool, but the place is quite seedy in general, which is also interesting in a way, but more so quite dirty, and you can walk along whole streets and there si nothing...just dirty apartment buildinghs. The beach is interesting too, with its deck chairs for hire and wierd beacj skack things, but it didn't really want to make me sit. I'm glad i'm leaving Miami today. Might be better with people, but not own your own, I don't feel that safe around a lot of the streets. Can't wait to justy get Peru. Just two more flights, and another 24 hours and i will be there...finally. OK i must go and eat...and then think about how i will drag my stuff back to the airport. Can't wait to dump everything and carry almost nothing.

No comments: